[pulseaudio-discuss] semaphores macosx, comments please

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Thu Nov 12 15:43:16 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:50:11PM +0100, Claesson Mattias wrote:
> For some reason I don't have the Multiprocessing.h include, maybe I am on a newer version.
> XCode Version 3.2.1 (1613) on macos 10.6.
> Here is a reference to the same issue as I found.
> http://forum.soft32.com/mac/Multiprocessing-issue-ftopict43400.html

Strange, it works here for 10.5.8. Probably Apple deprecated another
interface, well done I'll update to SnowLeopard these days and retry.

> The code does compile, but it compiles the semaphore-posix.c file, there is just no way that the osx version gets compiled in my source tree.
> If I force semaphore-osx.c to be compiled instead of semaphore-posix.c, it is not linking either without adding a library too.

That is because autoconf fails to see Multiprocessing.h, and it is right
about that.

> Hey, maybe I did something wrong when retreiving the code?
> I use:
> git fetch git://0pointer.de/pulseaudio.git

A fetch is indeed not enought. What you normally do is an initial clone
and then just call 'git pull'. 'git fetch' will get new objects from the
repository, but it will not update your working tree.

Daniel