[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulsaudio distroys TiMidity et. co.

Joerg Anders jan at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Nov 13 06:04:15 PST 2009

Hi!

You are all certainly very pround of and happy with
pulseaudio, which is now the basic sound system
of Ubuntu 9.10 and Fedory 11 and possibly others.

I'm the author of the musical score editor
NtEd

   http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/staff/jan/nted/nted.xhtml

and unfortunately, I must state: Pulseaudio
has terrible consequences for this (special, but
often used) sort of applications. Especially, if the
user has no hardware synthesizer and must use
software synthesizers like TiMidity.

Please read which bad news I had to include into
the NtEd documentation:

  http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/staff/jan/nted/doc/ch01s50.html

--
J.Anders, GERMANY, TU Chemnitz, Fakultaet fuer Informatik