[pulseaudio-discuss] rtp+loopback module problems

Jukka Kommeri kommeri at cern.ch
Sat Nov 21 03:27:46 PST 2009

Hello

I'm trying out a set up that uses rtp-modules and the loopback module.
The latencies seem ok, though they could be better, but after a minute
long session I start getting the following messages and the sound
deformed because of it.

D: module-rtp-recv.c: Updating sample rate
D: module-rtp-recv.c: wi=76986460 ri=75295321
D: module-rtp-recv.c: Write index deviates by 1739.96 ms, expected
500.00 ms
D: module-rtp-recv.c: Updated sampling rate to 57834 Hz.
D: module-rtp-recv.c: Requesting rewind due to end of underrun
D: alsa-sink.c: Requested to rewind 65536 bytes.
D: alsa-sink.c: Limited to 4740 bytes.
D: alsa-sink.c: before: 1185
D: alsa-sink.c: after: 1185
D: alsa-sink.c: Rewound 4740 bytes.
D: sink.c: Processing rewind...
D: sink-input.c: Have to rewind 4740 bytes on render memblockq.
D: sink-input.c: Have to rewind 4740 bytes on render memblockq.
D: source.c: Processing rewind...

Is there a way to prevent these underruns?

Reloading the modules helps for a while until the same deformation in
the sound come back. Also the log is filled with the followin errors and
warnings.

E: rtp.c: sendmsg() failed: Invalid argument
E: rtp.c: sendmsg() failed: Invalid argument
W: module-rtp-send.c: Failed to push chunk into memblockq.
W: module-rtp-send.c: Failed to push chunk into memblockq.
W: module-rtp-send.c: Failed to push chunk into memblockq.
W: module-rtp-send.c: Failed to push chunk into memblockq.
W: module-rtp-send.c: Failed to push chunk into memblockq.
W: module-rtp-send.c: Failed to push chunk into memblockq.

I don't have enough time to start digging the code. So I though I would
ask here if there were any easy fix?

Cheers,
Jukka