[pulseaudio-discuss] rtp+loopback module problems

Jukka Kommeri jukka.kommeri at cern.ch
Mon Nov 23 08:58:09 PST 2009

The network latency is not that critical. Rather I would like the
loopback-module latency to be minimal. So that when I speak I wont hear
my own words with a delay, which is disturbing when the delay grows too
long.

What I am trying to do is use the existing Pulseaudio tools to connect
machines in local area network and form conference groups.

The problem most likely is with the rtp-modules. They fail when the
session is long enough, > 1 minute. Rtp-modules alone will just cause
the alsa source to suspend and the underruns do not occur. Loopback
module keeps the session open and at some point causes the underrun.

This is just me guessing as I don't know better.

thank you for helping,
Jukka