[pulseaudio-discuss] No startup detection with module-udev-detect in PulseAudio 0.9.18

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Oct 2 16:38:38 PDT 2009

On 2 Oct 2009, Lennart Poettering said:
> Also, for some weird reason Marco modifies the default udev rules
> heavily. Which is really something he shouldn't do.

He doesn't use the default rules at all (thinks they're ugly or
something, there's much too much on this on the Debian BTS). So he has
to track changes in them and apply them to the Debian-specific rules (I
think Ubuntu may use them too).

This means heaps of extra work and bugs for him and, as far as I can
tell, no real benefits, but he's the maintainer, sigh...