[pulseaudio-discuss] "passthrough" audio (eg. AC3 / DTS / WM9)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Oct 5 02:50:23 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Sean McNamara at 05/10/09 10:11 did gyre and gimble:
> I think it would be easier to develop such a daemon from
> scratch than it would be to modify PA to support what you're asking
> for.

Actually passthrough and such like is very much on the PulseAudio roadmap.

See the experiences of Nokia with regard to the changes they made for
Audio Manager in the Maemo project.

The slides from Jyri on the LPC conference website make for interesting
reading.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]