[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio over the network causes "hang" in client apps

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Oct 10 08:15:21 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and David Björkevik at 10/10/09 15:41 did gyre and gimble:
> If I for example run mplayer on an audio file, the file is properly
> played back on the other machine. However, during playback, the little
> line with numbers that mplayer writes isn't updated at all.
>
> If I play a film clip with mplayer, the audio track is played back on
> the other machine, but the film remain frozen at the first frame.
>
> Other applications display similar behaviour.

Interesting. You're presumably using tunnels here so we can see if the
problem is specific to module-tunnel-sink by testing a direct pulse
connection bypassing the local PA server.

Just do:
PULSE_SERVER=192.168.42.42 mplayer foo.avi

(Set the IP and filename to taste obviously :D)

If that works correctly then it would suggest the problem lies in the
tunnel module itself.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]