[pulseaudio-discuss] Desperation with idling

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Tue Oct 13 08:41:25 PDT 2009

ti, 2009-10-13 kello 10:58 +0200, Alvaro Alonso Jiménez kirjoitti:
> The problem comes from the fact that when the application I want to
> grab the sound from has no sound - I am testing it with firefox and a
> website with no sound -, and the sink is one of those I have just
> created. In these conditions, when executing parec, the program states
> blocked waiting for an audio stream - and despite having the module
> suspend-on-idle disabled -. If the application has sound - firefox
> with a website with sound -, everything works fine!!!!

It looks like this works for me (parec does record silence from a null
sink). I noticed that the file size stays constant for a while and then
it jumps a lot and then it stays again constant for a while. The
interval between the jumps might be about 10 seconds. Maybe that the
processing happens in so big chunks has led you to believe that it
doesn't work at all?

--
Tanu Kaskinen