[pulseaudio-discuss] userdata not being relayed in callback method

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Wed Oct 14 04:32:51 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 11:49:39 +0100, Forwind info <forward at forwind.net> wrote:
> Okay scratch all of the above. Found the issue - no bug - its me of course!
> It seemed a little too fundamental to be a bug and not raise obvious google
> hits/IRC alarm bells.
>
> I was not strictly adhering to the callback prototype parameter lists.
>
> My callback's signature was
>
> (pa_context *c, const pa_sink_input_info *info, void *userdata)
>
> The prototype in the APi is
>
> (pa_context *c, const pa_sink_input_info *info, int eol, void *userdata
>
> I missed out on the eol ...

Well, you'd get used to stricter code checks & warnings. Try to
compile everything with eg. "-W -Wextra -Wall -Werror
-Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -std=gnu99".  That would have told you
about that error :)

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:                     Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf