[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio unstable on Ubuntu Karmic 9.10

Achim Frase achim.frase at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 24 12:24:06 PDT 2009

Am Samstag, den 24.10.2009, 15:08 -0400 schrieb Brian J. Murrell:
> On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 16:35 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> >
> > Realtime schedulling is now handled by rtkit. Sadly I am led to believe
> > that unlike other distros begin released just now (inlcuding Mandriva
> > and Fedora) Ubunutu are not shipping rtkit. As I don't follow Ubuntu
> > developments, this could be outdated info.
>
> $ apt-cache policy rtkit
> rtkit:
>   Installed: (none)
>   Candidate: 0.4-0ubuntu2
>   Version table:
>      0.4-0ubuntu2 0
>         500 http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/universe Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> brian at brian-laptop-old:~$ apt-cache rdepends rtkit
> rtkit
> Reverse Depends:
>   pulseaudio

There is written REVERSE!

> So it is shipping in Karmic and pulseaudio depends on it.
>
> b.

I think you got something wrong, rtkit is not used by pulseaudio in
Karmic. The kernel doesn't have the essential patches for rtkit.

Changelog
pulseaudio (1:0.9.19-0ubuntu3) karmic; urgency=low

  [ Tony Espy ]
  * debian/control: Add a Conflicts for rtkit so we force removal, and
    hence get more testing coverage between now and Karmic final (LP: #452458).

  [ Daniel T Chen ]
  * debian/patches/0056-ignore-sound-class-modem.patch:
    + Apply patch from Whoopie to fix initialization of devices with
      modem subdevices (LP: #394500, #450222)

See also:

Regards
Achim