[pulseaudio-discuss] Problem using the Simple API

eric ekilfoil at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 17:39:30 PDT 2009

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the usage.  I'm basically opening a stream,
reading from the stream, sending it to a pipe, and then closing the stream.
 I can understand that once I open the stream, data will be buffered and
waiting to be read.  I would not expect to receive data from before that
point.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm *not* receiving data from before the
stream is opened.

If it is possible that I'm receiving data from before the pa_simple_new(),
is there a way to clear everything when I open a recording stream?

Again, this was not an issue in 0.9.14 and this works as expected *as long
as the pulse audio device chooser volume manager is open*.

-eric