[pulseaudio-discuss] Audio In fails through Mic input

theBlueSage tbs at bsvn.net
Fri Sep 11 09:15:47 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

summary.
-----------
I am trying to get my iPod to play through my computer by connecting a
double-ended mini jack from the iPod to the mic input on the side of my
laptop. I get no sound.
My computer, an HP HDX18t has a built-in mic and webcam, and does work
with Skype, so I know that at least one mic is working. However, the
front mic input gives me no sound, no do I see any levels change when I
use a graphic display to show incoming input levels.

Please can someone point me to something that will help me get this
going ? I just want to use the front-mic in as the equivalent of a 'aux'
input in a normal stereo system.

And please let me know if there is any other information you want/need
to help me...

Thanks

Richard

System
------------
Ubuntu Linux (Jaunty 9.04 clean install)
Kernel : 2.6.28-15-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Mon Aug 31 13:39:06 UTC 2009
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Alsa Driver
tbs at corelux:~$ cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.20.
Compiled on Sep  4 2009 for kernel 2.6.28-15-generic (SMP).

Pulseaudio info
Server Version : 0.9.15
Default Sink : combined
Default Source : combined.monitor
Sinks/Sources based around alsa_output.pci_8086_293e_sound_card_0