[pulseaudio-discuss] Mac OS X: dyld: Symbol not found: _g_get_application_name

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Mon Sep 14 20:51:58 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 04:35:26AM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Tue, 15.09.09 03:10, Daniel Mack (daniel at caiaq.de) wrote:
>
> > Even though I have been told this is fixed, I'm still getting the
> > following error when trying to start the pulseaudio daemon on OS X:
> >
> > ./pulseaudio
> > dyld: Symbol not found: _g_get_application_name
> >   Referenced from: /Users/daniel/src/pa/pulseaudio/src/.libs/libpulsecommon-0.9.17.dylib
> >   Expected in: dynamic lookup
> >
> > Trace/BPT trap
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Hmpf. I was really sure I fixed that. But as it turns out my fix was
> incomplete...
>
> I have now add a patch that makes sure that weakrefs are only enabled
> on ELF. Could you check whether 12f2111 fixes the problem for you?

Yep, it does. Thanks!

I do get another error now, which I will try to sort out later today.
But maybe anyone has an idea, so I still let you know:

$ ./pulseaudio
E: semaphore-posix.c: Assertion 'sem_init(&s->sem, 0, value) == 0' failed at pulsecore/semaphore-posix.c:43, function pa_semaphore_new(). Aborting.
Abort trap