[pulseaudio-discuss] Mic not working with PA

remrot at gmail.com remrot at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:55:24 PDT 2009

Thx for your fast response, very much appreciated!

 I started the live session and collected some data. I'll attach an archive
containing the output of 'pacmd list' from both systems as well as the
output of the ALSA info script that they provide for reporting bugs. Maybe
that will give some useful information too...

 The most obvious difference I noticed was within alsamixer. In the live
session all devices have been correctly detected, including the capture
device. After the installation I had to use the 'probe_mask=8' option to get
rid of the softmodem in codec slot 0 (without that, there wasn't even a
capture device). But, like I already said, now everything looks OK in the
installed system...

Regards

JK