[pulseaudio-discuss] bluetooth headset found but not showing in pavucontrol

Peter Hurley phurley at charter.net
Wed Sep 23 16:26:23 PDT 2009

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 10:22 -0400, Peter Hurley wrote:
>

>> The reason PA unloads the BT device module is here:
>>
>> I: module-bluetooth-device.c: FD error: POLLERR
>> D: module-bluetooth-device.c: IO thread failed
>>

> Ahhh.  Yes, couldn't see the trees from the forest.

No reflection on you - I knew what to look for.
>> Your options moving forward:
>>

> For ease, and just to prove that the time spent on option #1 would be
> fruitful, I chose this one....
>

>> 2)  If you only want A2DP and don't want pulseaudio connecting via
>> HSP/HFP,
>>
> I restarted PA after doing this and got the same results:
>
> W: module-bluetooth-device.c: Profile 'a2dp' not valid or not supported by device.
>

> I'm assuming the "Profile 'a2dp' not valid or not supported by device."
> at the top is the problem.  What can I do with/about that?

Unfortunately, since your headset doesn't support a2dp, you're stuck
with option #1:  finding out what's wrong creating a SCO connection in
bluez.  You'll want the current bluez release (which is 4.53 right
now).  If you wait a couple of days, it will probably be a karmic
package by then.  Then follow the directions from the earlier post.  You
can post back here or over at the linux-bluetooth list with the logs if
you're still having trouble then.

Peter

PS - Undo the option #2 changes as well.