[pulseaudio-discuss] Adding "timeout=0" to module module-suspend-on-idle

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Sep 24 05:26:29 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Harsha, Priya at 24/09/09 11:10 did gyre and gimble:
>>> The pulseaudio in moblin is based on 0.9.15, without any
>> modifications to the core pulseaudio modules. The default.pa that we
>> use is
>>
>> Awesome, thanks for confirming :D.... now to try and work out what's
>> happening and if it's been fixed by 0.9.18....
>
> Any clue from the logs of what could be going wrong and where?

I'm not really an expert here, but the fact that the last line of the
log is a "requesting rewind", then I'd expect it's some sort of alsa
issue, but I could be wrong. If you assume that the rewinding is at
fault you can perhaps add some more debug into the code based on this
and try and work out where things get stuck?

Does attaching gdb to the running pulse process and running a backtrace
on it give any clues?

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]