[pulseaudio-discuss] How do I use PulseAudio?

Fabrice DELENTE fdelente at mail.cpod.fr
Tue Apr 6 09:17:30 PDT 2010

> The man page says this:
>
>         -n     Don't  load  default  script  file  default.pa  (see
>         below)
>                on startup. Useful in conjunction with -C or --file.
>
> I guess your problem with your config file is that you're not using it
> at all.

Thanks for the tips, I had guessed about this :^)

However, I still don't know if I need to start the daemon at boot time (if
so, how? su to user pulse before starting the daemon? doing it as root?).

I guess alsa starts the daemon when it needs it (that what the "pulse" alsa
type is for, right?) but then how do I tell it to use such or such config
file? Is it hard-coded in the daemon? Or is there a central config file that
must be present no matter what? Then, how do I create and edit such a file?

Thanks.

--
Fabrice DELENTE