[pulseaudio-discuss] Hpw to start the pa server

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Apr 12 17:38:28 PDT 2010

On Monday 12 April 2010, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>'Twas brillig, and Gene Heskett at 12/04/10 20:29 did gyre and gimble:
>> draksound, re-enabled, was on before by other means, and enabled user
>> switching.  No sound yet.
>> pacmd.ls.out attached.
>
>Hmm, what is strange here is that it shows no streams at all - e.g. no
>sink inputs. To back this up, all the sinks are in a suspended state.
>
>The volumes are all incredibly high - well over the 100% mark. How were
>these volumes set? Most tools only allow volumes up to 150%.

I _think_ it was paprefs that allowed me to go as high as 400%.

>FWIW, It's generally a bad idea to run PA on top of dmix.

Thats the duplicate common sink for everything checked.

>It would be interesting to see the output of:
> pulseaudio -vvv
===========================
[gene at coyote xinit.d]$ pulseaudio -vv
I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted
I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operation not permitted
D: core-rtclock.c: Timer slack is set to 50 us.
D: core-util.c: RealtimeKit worked.
I: core-util.c: Successfully gained nice level -11.
I: main.c: This is PulseAudio 0.9.21-0.1mdv2010.0
D: main.c: Compilation host: x86_64-mandriva-linux-gnu
D: main.c: Compilation CFLAGS: -O2 -g -pipe -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wall
-W -Wextra -pipe -Wno-long-long -Winline -Wvla -Wno-overlength-strings -Wunsafe-loop-optimizations -Wundef -Wformat=2 -Wlogical-op -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -
Wmissing-include-dirs -Wformat-nonliteral -Wold-style-definition -Wpointer-arith -Winit-self -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-
prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-noreturn -Wshadow -Wendif-labels -Wcast-align -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Wwrite-strings -Wno-unused-parameter
-ffast-math -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-common -fdiagnostics-show-option
D: main.c: Running on host: Linux x86_64 2.6.31.12-server-1mnb #1 SMP Tue Jan 26 03:35:57 EST 2010
D: main.c: Found 4 CPUs.
I: main.c: Page size is 4096 bytes
D: main.c: Compiled with Valgrind support: no
D: main.c: Running in valgrind mode: no
D: main.c: Running in VM: no
D: main.c: Optimized build: yes
D: main.c: All asserts enabled.
I: main.c: Machine ID is e3798933d9477c588aeff5a04a5f4893.
I: main.c: Session ID is e3798933d9477c588aeff5a04a5f4893-1271088948.504017-1317440216.
I: main.c: Using runtime directory /home/gene/.pulse/e3798933d9477c588aeff5a04a5f4893-runtime.
I: main.c: Using state directory /home/gene/.pulse.
I: main.c: Using modules directory /usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.21/modules.
I: main.c: Running in system mode: no
E: pid.c: Daemon already running.
E: main.c: pa_pid_file_create() failed.
=================================
>when a detection module is used - you seem to have disabled
>module-udev-detect and manually configured your devices in these examples.

Not that I know of.  But the default.pa in /home/gene and the one in
/etc/pulse differed, so I nuked the one in /home/gene, then copied the one in
/etc/pulse to there, fixing the ownership of course.

And now its totally dead again.

>If possible, can you restore the auto detection (i.e. the default.pa as
>shipped with the package)

The package is not in /var/cache/urpmi.  Might be on the install cd,
what is its exact name?

>and provide the above output. (you may have to
>run pulseaudio -k to kill the running PA daemon and if autospawning is
>enabled, it may respawn again very quickly).

[root at coyote init.d]# pulseaudio -k
E: main.c: Failed to kill daemon: No such process
[root at coyote init.d]# cd ../X11/xinit.d
[root at coyote xinit.d]# . ./50pulseaudio
Connection failure: Connection refused
[root at coyote xinit.d]#
Then I saw I was root, but

>I'm not sure if this well help with the sound playing issue as this
>seems to be failing at the first hurdle - in that it cannot connect. Can
>you explain your user setup. Are you just logging directly as root, or
>logging in as a regular user then trying to play sound? Do really simple
>clients like: paplay /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav work?

No such file.  However:
[gene at coyote sounds]$ paplay /usr/share/sounds/ia_ora-startup.wav
Connection failure: Connection refused

And in /etc/X11/xiniit.d,
[gene at coyote xinit.d]$ ./50pulseaudio
Connection failure: Connection refused

So I'm plumb back to square one.  Now, because its so big, here is
pulseaudio-vv, and I had to ctl+c it to get my shell back, noted
at line 1277.
=========================
[...]
I: main.c: Fresh high-resolution timers available! Bon appetit!
I: cpu-x86.c: CPU flags: CMOV MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 MMXEXT 3DNOW 3DNOWEXT
I: svolume_mmx.c: Initialising MMX optimized functions.
I: remap_mmx.c: Initialising MMX optimized remappers.
I: svolume_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized functions.
I: remap_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized remappers.
I: sconv_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized conversions.
D: memblock.c: Using shared memory pool with 1024 slots of size 64.0 KiB each, total size is 64.0 MiB, maximum usable slot size is 65472
D: database-tdb.c: Opened TDB database '/home/gene/.pulse/e3798933d9477c588aeff5a04a5f4893-device-volumes.tdb'
I: module-device-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file '/home/gene/.pulse/e3798933d9477c588aeff5a04a5f4893-device-volumes'.
I: module.c: Loaded "module-device-restore" (index: #0; argument: "").
D: database-tdb.c: Opened TDB database '/home/gene/.pulse/e3798933d9477c588aeff5a04a5f4893-stream-volumes.tdb'
I: module-stream-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file '/home/gene/.pulse/e3798933d9477c588aeff5a04a5f4893-stream-volumes'.
I: module.c: Loaded "module-stream-restore" (index: #1; argument: "").
D: database-tdb.c: Opened TDB database '/home/gene/.pulse/e3798933d9477c588aeff5a04a5f4893-card-database.tdb'
I: module-card-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file '/home/gene/.pulse/e3798933d9477c588aeff5a04a5f4893-card-database'.
I: module.c: Loaded "module-card-restore" (index: #2; argument: "").
I: module.c: Loaded "module-augment-properties" (index: #3; argument: "").
D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.21/modules/module-udev-detect.so': success
D: module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC0 is accessible: yes
D: module-udev-detect.c: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/0000:01:07.0/sound/card0 is busy: no
D: module-udev-detect.c: Loading module-alsa-card with arguments 'device_id="0" name="0" card_name="alsa_card.0" tsched=yes ignore_dB=no card_properties="module-
udev-detect.discovered=1"'
D: dbus-util.c: Successfully connected to D-Bus session bus 067a3b313d0d93ae512996de4bc34735 as :1.128
D: reserve-wrap.c: Successfully acquired reservation lock on device 'Audio0'
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 743 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-mono supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-mono+input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 743 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-mono+input:analog-mono supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-mono+input:analog-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Stereo (analog-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open front:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-mono+input:analog-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-mono+input:iec958-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Digital Stereo (IEC958) (iec958-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying iec958:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open iec958:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-mono+input:iec958-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-mono+input:iec958-surround-40
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC958) (iec958-surround-40)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying iec958:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open iec958:0
D: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels(4) failed: Invalid argument
D: alsa-util.c: Trying iec958:0 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open iec958:0
D: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels(4) failed: Invalid argument
D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:iec958:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open plug:iec958:0
D: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels(4) failed: Invalid argument
D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:iec958:0 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open plug:iec958:0
D: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels(4) failed: Invalid argument
I: alsa-util.c: Failed to set hardware parameters on plug:iec958:0: Invalid argument
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Stereo (analog-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open front:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-stereo+input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 743 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-stereo+input:analog-mono supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Stereo (analog-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open front:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
D: alsa-util.c: Set neither period nor buffer size.
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params failed: Device or resource busy
D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:0 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open front:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
D: alsa-util.c: Set neither period nor buffer size.
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params failed: Device or resource busy
D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:front:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open plug:front:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
D: alsa-util.c: Set neither period nor buffer size.
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params failed: Device or resource busy
D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:front:0 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open plug:front:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
D: alsa-util.c: Set neither period nor buffer size.
I: (alsa-lib)setup.c: Cannot lock ctl elem
I: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params failed: Device or resource busy
I: alsa-util.c: Failed to set hardware parameters on plug:front:0: Device or resource busy
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-stereo+input:iec958-stereo
[...]
I: alsa-util.c: Failed to set hardware parameters on plug:iec958:0: Device or resource busy
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-stereo+input:iec958-surround-40
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-40
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 4.0 (analog-surround-40)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround40:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open surround40:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-40 supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-40+input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 743 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-40+input:analog-mono supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-40+input:analog-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-40+input:analog-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-40+input:iec958-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-40+input:iec958-surround-40
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-41
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 4.1 (analog-surround-41)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround41:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open surround41:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-41 supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-41+input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 743 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-41+input:analog-mono supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-41+input:analog-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-41+input:analog-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-41+input:iec958-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-41+input:iec958-surround-40
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-50
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 5.0 (analog-surround-50)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround50:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open surround50:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-50 supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-50+input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 743 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-50+input:analog-mono supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-50+input:analog-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-50+input:analog-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-50+input:iec958-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-50+input:iec958-surround-40
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-51
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 5.1 (analog-surround-51)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround51:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open surround51:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-51 supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-51+input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 743 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-51+input:analog-mono supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-51+input:analog-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-51+input:analog-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-51+input:iec958-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-51+input:iec958-surround-40
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-71
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Analog Surround 7.1 (analog-surround-71)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying surround71:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open surround71:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-71 supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-71+input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 743 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-71+input:analog-mono supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-71+input:analog-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:analog-surround-71+input:analog-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-71+input:iec958-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:analog-surround-71+input:iec958-surround-40
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Stereo (IEC958) (iec958-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying iec958:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open iec958:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:iec958-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-stereo+input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 743 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:iec958-stereo+input:analog-mono supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-stereo+input:analog-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile output:iec958-stereo+input:analog-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-stereo+input:iec958-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-stereo+input:iec958-surround-40
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-surround-40
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC958) (iec958-surround-40)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying iec958:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open iec958:0
D: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels(4) failed: Invalid argument
D: alsa-util.c: Trying iec958:0 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open iec958:0
D: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels(4) failed: Invalid argument
D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:iec958:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open plug:iec958:0
D: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels(4) failed: Invalid argument
D: alsa-util.c: Trying plug:iec958:0 without SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open plug:iec958:0
D: alsa-util.c: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels(4) failed: Invalid argument
I: alsa-util.c: Failed to set hardware parameters on plug:iec958:0: Invalid argument
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-surround-40+input:analog-mono
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-surround-40+input:analog-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-surround-40+input:iec958-stereo
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-surround-40+input:iec958-surround-40
[...]
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-40
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-40)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying a52:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM a52:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device a52:0: No such file or directory
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-40+input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-40)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying a52:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM a52:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device a52:0: No such file or directory
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-40+input:analog-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-40)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying a52:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM a52:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device a52:0: No such file or directory
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-40+input:iec958-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-40)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying a52:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM a52:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device a52:0: No such file or directory
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-40+input:iec958-surround-40
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 4.0 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-40)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying a52:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM a52:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device a52:0: No such file or directory
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-51
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 5.1 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-51)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying a52:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM a52:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device a52:0: No such file or directory
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-51+input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 5.1 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-51)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying a52:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM a52:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device a52:0: No such file or directory
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-51+input:analog-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 5.1 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-51)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying a52:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM a52:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device a52:0: No such file or directory
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-51+input:iec958-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 5.1 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-51)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying a52:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM a52:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device a52:0: No such file or directory
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:iec958-ac3-surround-51+input:iec958-surround-40
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Surround 5.1 (IEC958/AC3) (iec958-ac3-surround-51)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying a52:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM a52:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device a52:0: No such file or directory
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:hdmi-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Stereo (HDMI) (hdmi-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hdmi:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)conf.c: Unknown parameters 0
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM hdmi:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device hdmi:0: Invalid argument
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:hdmi-stereo+input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Stereo (HDMI) (hdmi-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hdmi:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)conf.c: Unknown parameters 0
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM hdmi:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device hdmi:0: Invalid argument
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:hdmi-stereo+input:analog-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Stereo (HDMI) (hdmi-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hdmi:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)conf.c: Unknown parameters 0
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM hdmi:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device hdmi:0: Invalid argument
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:hdmi-stereo+input:iec958-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Stereo (HDMI) (hdmi-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hdmi:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)conf.c: Unknown parameters 0
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM hdmi:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device hdmi:0: Invalid argument
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile output:hdmi-stereo+input:iec958-surround-40
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for playback on Digital Stereo (HDMI) (hdmi-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hdmi:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
I: (alsa-lib)conf.c: Unknown parameters 0
I: (alsa-lib)pcm.c: Unknown PCM hdmi:0
I: alsa-util.c: Error opening PCM device hdmi:0: Invalid argument
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile input:analog-mono
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Mono (analog-mono)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying hw:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open hw:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 743 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile input:analog-mono supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile input:analog-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Analog Stereo (analog-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying front:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open front:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile input:analog-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile input:iec958-stereo
D: alsa-mixer.c: Checking for recording on Digital Stereo (IEC958) (iec958-stereo)
D: alsa-util.c: Trying iec958:0 with SND_PCM_NO_AUTO_FORMAT ...
D: alsa-util.c: Managed to open iec958:0
D: alsa-util.c: Maximum hw buffer size is 371 ms
D: alsa-util.c: Set buffer size first (to 4408 samples), period size second (to 1102 samples).
D: alsa-mixer.c: Profile input:iec958-stereo supported.
D: alsa-mixer.c: Looking at profile input:iec958-surround-40
[...]
D: dbus-util.c: Successfully connected to D-Bus system bus 6666e41440c2a9c83e8311ff4bc346fe as :1.73
I: module-card-restore.c: Restoring profile for card alsa_card.0.
I: card.c: Created 0 "alsa_card.0"
I: module.c: Loaded "module-alsa-card" (index: #4; argument: "device_id="0" name="0" card_name="alsa_card.0" tsched=yes ignore_dB=no card_properties="module-udev-
detect.discovered=1"").
I: module-udev-detect.c: Card /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/0000:01:07.0/sound/card0 (alsa_card.0) module loaded.
I: module-udev-detect.c: Found 1 cards.
I: module.c: Loaded "module-udev-detect" (index: #5; argument: "").
D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.21/modules/module-bluetooth-discover.so': success
D: dbus-util.c: Successfully connected to D-Bus system bus 6666e41440c2a9c83e8311ff4bc346fe as :1.74
D: bluetooth-util.c: dbus: interface=org.freedesktop.DBus, path=/org/freedesktop/DBus, member=NameAcquired
I: module.c: Loaded "module-bluetooth-discover" (index: #6; argument: "").
D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.21/modules/module-esound-protocol-unix.so': success
I: module.c: Loaded "module-esound-protocol-unix" (index: #7; argument: "").
I: module.c: Loaded "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #8; argument: "").
D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.21/modules/module-gconf.so': success
D: module-gconf.c: Loading module 'module-combine' with args '' due to GConf configuration.
I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring volume for sink combined.
I: sink.c: Created sink 0 "combined" with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
I: sink.c:     device.class = "filter"
I: sink.c:     device.description = "Simultaneous Output"
I: sink.c:     device.icon_name = "audio-card"
D: core-subscribe.c: Dropped redundant event due to change event.
I: module-device-restore.c: Restoring volume for source combined.monitor.
I: source.c: Created source 0 "combined.monitor" with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
I: source.c:     device.description = "Monitor of Simultaneous Output"
I: source.c:     device.class = "monitor"
I: source.c:     device.icon_name = "audio-input-microphone"
D: module-combine.c: Thread starting up
D: core-util.c: RealtimeKit worked.
I: core-util.c: Successfully enabled SCHED_RR scheduling for thread, with priority 6.
I: module.c: Loaded "module-combine" (index: #9; argument: "").
I: module.c: Loaded "module-gconf" (index: #10; argument: "").
D: core-subscribe.c: Dropped redundant event due to change event.
I: module-default-device-restore.c: Restored default sink 'combined'.
D: core-subscribe.c: Dropped redundant event due to change event.
I: module-default-device-restore.c: Restored default source 'combined.monitor'.
I: module.c: Loaded "module-default-device-restore" (index: #11; argument: "").
I: module.c: Loaded "module-rescue-streams" (index: #12; argument: "").
I: module.c: Loaded "module-always-sink" (index: #13; argument: "").
I: module.c: Loaded "module-intended-roles" (index: #14; argument: "").
D: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink combined becomes idle, timeout in 5 seconds.
I: module.c: Loaded "module-suspend-on-idle" (index: #15; argument: "").
I: client.c: Created 0 "ConsoleKit Session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session1"
D: module-console-kit.c: Added new session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session1
I: module.c: Loaded "module-console-kit" (index: #16; argument: "").
I: module.c: Loaded "module-position-event-sounds" (index: #17; argument: "").
I: module.c: Loaded "module-cork-music-on-phone" (index: #18; argument: "").
D: dbus-util.c: Successfully connected to D-Bus session bus 067a3b313d0d93ae512996de4bc34735 as :1.130
D: main.c: Got org.pulseaudio.Server!
I: main.c: Daemon startup complete.
D: module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC0 is accessible: yes
I: module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink combined idle for too long, suspending ...
D: sink.c: Suspend cause of sink combined is 0x0004, suspending
I: module-combine.c: Device suspended...
^CI: main.c: Got signal SIGINT.      <--I had to ctl+c it to get my shell back
I: main.c: Exiting.
I: main.c: Daemon shutdown initiated.
I: module.c: Unloading "module-device-restore" (index: #0).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-device-restore" (index: #0).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-stream-restore" (index: #1).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-stream-restore" (index: #1).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-card-restore" (index: #2).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-card-restore" (index: #2).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-augment-properties" (index: #3).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-augment-properties" (index: #3).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-alsa-card" (index: #4).
I: card.c: Freed 0 "alsa_card.0"
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-alsa-card" (index: #4).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-udev-detect" (index: #5).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-udev-detect" (index: #5).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-bluetooth-discover" (index: #6).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-bluetooth-discover" (index: #6).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-esound-protocol-unix" (index: #7).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-esound-protocol-unix" (index: #7).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #8).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #8).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-combine" (index: #9).
D: core-subscribe.c: Dropped redundant event due to change event.
D: module-combine.c: Thread shutting down
I: sink.c: Freeing sink 0 "combined"
I: source.c: Freeing source 0 "combined.monitor"
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-combine" (index: #9).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-gconf" (index: #10).
D: module-gconf.c: Unloading module #9
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-gconf" (index: #10).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-default-device-restore" (index: #11).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-default-device-restore" (index: #11).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-rescue-streams" (index: #12).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-rescue-streams" (index: #12).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-always-sink" (index: #13).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-always-sink" (index: #13).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-intended-roles" (index: #14).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-intended-roles" (index: #14).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-suspend-on-idle" (index: #15).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-suspend-on-idle" (index: #15).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-console-kit" (index: #16).
D: module-console-kit.c: Removing session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session1
I: client.c: Freed 0 "ConsoleKit Session /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session1"
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-console-kit" (index: #16).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-position-event-sounds" (index: #17).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-position-event-sounds" (index: #17).
I: module.c: Unloading "module-cork-music-on-phone" (index: #18).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-cork-music-on-phone" (index: #18).
I: main.c: Daemon terminated.
[gene at coyote xinit.d]$

--
Cheers, Gene