[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse audio does not work with my hdmi output

Dark Shadow shadowofdarkness at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 00:03:04 PDT 2010

With todays Alsa 1.0.23 release I finally have working HDMI audio on
my laptop with the exception of through Pulse Audio.

"mplayer video.mkv -ao alsa:device=plughw=1.3" works perfect, but when
I set Pulse Audio to output to my hdmi device I get silence with the
occasional popping sound.

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid and Pulse Audio is set to internal
card profile "off" and hdmi profile is "stereo" with appropriate
output checked.

Also after that is fixed can I get it so that when I have a hdmi cable
connected and video outputted to it that Pulse Audio will
automatically switch output from internal to hdmi then back when the
cable is disconnected.