[pulseaudio-discuss] My computer thinks I'm schizophrenic, is PA for me?

Jan Braun janbraun at gmx.de
Sat Apr 17 07:13:59 PDT 2010

[I accidentally sent this only to Marti, you're getting it twice, sorry]

Marti Raudsepp schrob:
> Can't you just copy ~/.pulse-cookie to all users' profiles, so
> everyone can access anyone else's PA daemon? It works for me, but I'm
> just using different user accounts within one X session.

Oops, you're exactly right.
Even better, the auth-group parameter does exactly what I need: allows
access to all users in the jbraun group, without manual copying of the
cookie. :)

Thanks for the quick answer!
    Jan

P.S.: relevant lines for the benefit of others with the same problem:
~jani/.pulse/default.pa :