[pulseaudio-discuss] New kernel 2.6.34-rc4, no audio

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Apr 18 21:10:12 PDT 2010

On Sunday 18 April 2010, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>On Sun, 18.04.10 23:48, Gene Heskett (gene.heskett at verizon.net) wrote:
>> gene at coyote /]$ ls -l /dev/snd
>> total 0
>> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root       60 2010-04-18 07:47 by-path/
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  0 2010-04-18 07:47 controlC0
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  4 2010-04-18 07:47 hwC0D0
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  8 2010-04-18 07:47 midiC0D0
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  9 2010-04-18 07:47 midiC0D1
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 24 2010-04-18 23:44 pcmC0D0c
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 16 2010-04-18 23:44 pcmC0D0p
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 25 2010-04-18 07:47 pcmC0D1c
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 26 2010-04-18 07:47 pcmC0D2c
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 18 2010-04-18 07:47 pcmC0D2p
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 19 2010-04-18 07:47 pcmC0D3p
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116,  1 2010-04-18 07:47 seq
>> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 33 2010-04-18 07:47 timer
>> [gene at coyote /]$
>>
>> And that is after killing the daemon with killall as root, and restarting
>> it as me, gene with a "pulseaudio -vvv &" and getting several screens of
>> output.
>>
>> Is that the right perms?
>
>You need to check the ACLs: see getfacl(1).
>
>Lennart

Okaay, looks like the same info, different format:
[root at coyote linux-2.6.34-rc3]# getfacl /dev/snd
# file: dev/snd
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x

And
[root at coyote linux-2.6.34-rc3]# getfacl /dev/snd/controlC0
# file: dev/snd/controlC0
# owner: root
# group: audio
user::rw-