[pulseaudio-discuss] Does pulseaudio require alsa/oss

John Frankish j-frankish at slb.com
Wed Apr 21 05:00:49 PDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: pulseaudio-discuss-bounces at mail.0pointer.de [mailto:pulseaudio-discuss-bounces at mail.0pointer.de] On Behalf Of Lennart Poettering
Sent: Wednesday, 21 April, 2010 15:36
To: pulseaudio-discuss at mail.0pointer.de
Subject: Re: [pulseaudio-discuss] Does pulseaudio require alsa/oss

On Wed, 21.04.10 08:50, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:

[ The quoting style of the original mail is completely borked, causing
my mailer to eat the biggest part of it automatically when
replying. That's why I am replying here. John please fix your mailer. ]

Since I'm at work, I have no choice but to use Outlook - I agree, it's useless

> > ""). D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of
> > '/usr/local/lib/pulse-0.9.21/modules/module-udev-detect.so': success
> > I: module-udev-detect.c: Found 0 cards. I: module.c: Loaded
> > "module-udev-detect" (index: #4; argument: "").
>
> Something seems wrong here... I suspect your udev setup is somehow
> broken but I'm not an expert WRT udev so can't really say for sure.

Well, my educated bet is that the kernel has some deprecated sysfs
switches on.

It is highly recommended to let your distributor figure things like this
out, as they usually know which switches are needed to make things
properly these day. Use distribution kernels! Use the knowledge and
experience of your kernel maintainers!

So, a plug for red hat then :)