[pulseaudio-discuss] Does pulseaudio require alsa/oss

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Apr 23 00:47:12 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Nix at 23/04/10 00:43 did gyre and gimble:
> Fedora, at least, doesn't use ck-launch-session: it uses
> ck-xinit-session, which is not in upstream console-kit at all; it's in
> the RH-specific xinit package.

Can you say which pacakge provides that file? It doesn't seem to be part
of the main ConsoleKit spec (i.e. with a patch).

I'd like to look at this file but without knowing what package it's in,
it's hard to comment.

> It's derived from ck-launch-session but
> does some incomprehensible-to-non-dbus-hackers and uncommented thrashing
> about with dbus first. It too appears to run a shell and then exit, so
> how it does what it does is equally mysterious to me. Of course, it,
> also, has no documentation whatsoever.

Maybe it's not ready for upstream yet? Fedora tends to be a testing
ground for a lot of new things, so this is not overly uncommon.

> I love the new Linux world. :/

Would you prefer some completely unknown and mysterious system to one
you actually can poke about with and figure out? Honestly, if this
bothers you, do something about it - speak to the people involved and
help write the docs. Moaning solve precisely nothing.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]