[pulseaudio-discuss] Auto switching outputs

Tako Schotanus tako at codejive.org
Sat Aug 7 04:13:20 PDT 2010

I was reading the ticket description and I can indeed say that in my case it
wouldn't do the correct thing.
I agree that plugging in head phones (bluetooth or not) means that you want
to use them.
But for HDMI I'm not so sure, at in my case it wouldn't work: I have my TV
connected permanently to my computer in case I want to watch a movie, but
normally the TV is switched off. So what happens if suddenly my GF wants to
watch tele and switches it on? If I understand correctly pulseaudio would
automatically switch over to HDMI, wouldn't it?

So I'm not sure if it should depend on the type of device being connected?
(maybe configurable: yes, switch on headset, no on HDMI) But I don't know if
that's even possible.

Cheers,
-Tako