[pulseaudio-discuss] Two identical USB sound-cards - second card fails to load because card-name found in hashmap.

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Mon Aug 23 04:17:35 PDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 04:12:43PM +0200, Ivar Mossin wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Daniel Mack <daniel at caiaq.de> wrote:
> > Can you post the output of "lsusb -v" with both cards connected?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Daniel
> >

> Daniel:
> I'm not sure how the output of "lsusb -v" will help the issue as both cards
> are working in ALSA,

What it shows is that these cards don't offer a serial number string. If
they did, the behaviour would be different IIRC.

BTW, just out of curiosity: did you ever try to connect these two cards
to a Windows machine? At least years ago, Microsoft's insanely
ugly-smelling low-level USB stack would completely freak out for two
identical devices with no serial number.

Daniel