[pulseaudio-discuss] Multiple users (kde) on Debian

Jeremy Nickurak jeremy at nickurak.ca
Mon Aug 23 07:40:17 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 02:10, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

> > If you really don't want to change anything in the pa design, simply
> offer a
> > way that pa can prevented to take exclusive access to the soundhardware
> > by falling back to alsa's dmix.
>
> No, that's not the right approach. This has been discussed many times on
> this list. Just look at the archives, I'm not wasting hours of my life
> reiterating what has already been discussed.

A quick look around with google didn't indicate anything, except
instructions on how to enable dmix instead of/in-addition-to pulseaudio.

Dmix seems to be the solution that alot of the pulseaudio critics suggest as
the silver bullet to audio problems... maybe the argument about dmix can be
iterated once more in a wiki page, so there's a more permanent reference for
that information?

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: -= jeremy at nickurak.ca =-