[pulseaudio-discuss] ALSA sink enumeration and multiple devices/subdevices

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 18:35:50 PDT 2010

> What I'm talking about is that pulseaudio is incapable of ever sending
> audio to anything other than the default device/subdevice within a card,
> irrespective of whether a cable is plugged in and signal being transmitted.

ok, I am not sure I understand why there are several devices in the
first place. Can you elaborate on what these 4 devices are? Can all
these devices be used concurrently with different streams,ie up to 4
independent HDMI outputs/cables? Or is each device stereo only, and
the hardware will multiplex channel pairs on the same HDMI link?