[pulseaudio-discuss] Routing of audio to loudspeakers or headphones

Kim Therkelsen kim_t26 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 24 00:33:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have made a LADSPA plugin that I want to apply for the PC loudspeakers
 only. I do not want to pass the audio through the LADSPA plugin when
listening through headphones.

How do I accomplish that?

Normally when I load the plugin for testing I just use a command like this:

load-module module-ladspa-sink sink_name=ladspa_out
master=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo plugin=myplugin
control=1...

If I could just enter a "master" that only pointed to the headphones it would solve my problem.

If it is not possible then how do I detect in my LADSPA plugin if the headphones are connected? I assume there is some API that I can use?

/Kim