[pulseaudio-discuss] Unable to make pulseaudio work on a Slackware based distribution (Kongoni)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 9 07:17:42 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Robert Gabriel at 09/12/10 14:19 did gyre and gimble:
> No, the sound works in the VM. Works perfectly in VirtualBox when
> using just alsa.
> I also remove load-module alsa-sink and still the same.

OK, then thanks for confirming.

NB: Make sure you have not SSH'ed in to the machine with X11 forwarding
enabled from a Machine running PulseAudio. In this scenario PA will try
to play sound on your (e.g. the source) machine, not inside the VM.

So what I'd like to see (all commands to be run as a regular user, *not*
root, I'll prefix the command with sudo if it should be run by root).

 1. Full "pacmd list" output
 2. ck-list-sessions
 3. getfacl /dev/snd/*
 4. sudo lsof | grep /dev/snd
 5. PULSE_LOG=99 paplay -vvvvv /path/to/a/wav.wav

That'll probably be enough to get going on with :D I'll try and advise
as best I can once that debug info is available.

Take care

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]