[pulseaudio-discuss] Unable to make pulseaudio work on a Slackware based distribution (Kongoni)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 9 12:28:42 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Robert Gabriel at 09/12/10 20:20 did gyre and gimble:
> Im not sure what you mean with phonon backend? What exactly can that
> be, give me some examples :)
> Phonon is build properly for the system where it should be
> /usr/{bin,lib,share} and stuff like that:

Phonon is just a library. It needs a backend to actually do the audio
decoding. Typical backends include GStreamer, Xine and VLC (only these
three support PulseAudio and even then Xine is rubbish and not recommended).

In the screenshot you previously posted you'll notice a "Backend" tab...
try clicking on it and then having a look.

This is turning into something that is really not relevant to the PA
mailing list. If you are able, please come on to IRC and join
#pulseaudio on Freenode. I'm coling there and I can likely help you
interactively for the next few hours.

Cheers

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]