[pulseaudio-discuss] Unable to make pulseaudio work on a Slackware based distribution (Kongoni)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 9 13:29:44 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Robert Gabriel at 09/12/10 21:22 did gyre and gimble:
> OK, seems to work but daemon.conf needs some tweaks.

Great!
Out of curiosity, what did you need to tweak?

> As a stupid question, does xine support pulseaudio?

Not a stupid question! It does have a pulseaudio output layer but in my
experience it kinda sucks. Xine is not really actively developed any
more and it's very much lost favour by the KDE community. Most hopes are
being currently pinned on VLC. It's pulseaudio support is also not great
at the moment but I'm hoping to find time to make it work nicely.

GStreamer has some issues as a Phonon backend, but has very good
pulseaudio integration.

Nothing is ever perfect!

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]