[pulseaudio-discuss] Resampling and format conversion question

abraham duenas aduejazz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 14:02:55 PST 2010

Hello,

I have one question regarding resampler and working format. I have a
card which has 48kHz working sampling frequency and s16le format. When
I play any file at that frequency my understanding is that no
resampling should take place. I can see on PA logs these:

resampler.c: Forcing resampler 'copy', because of fixed, identical sample rates.
resampler.c: Using resampler 'copy'
resampler.c: Using float32le as working format.
sink-input.c: Created input 3 "Playback Stream" on input with sample
spec s16le 2ch 48000Hz and channel map front-left,front-right

In this 'copy' case what is the "resampler.c: Using float32le as
working format" for? Is it changing my s16le to float32le?

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Thanks,
Abraham