[pulseaudio-discuss] Get the 'future' volume of a stream?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Dec 13 12:05:49 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Gregory Petrosyan at 13/12/10 19:14 did gyre and gimble:
> Thanks a lot for the answer; I'll try to look into the pavucontrol sources.
>
> Do I understand correctly that I need to "guess" the
> "module-stream-restore.id" before the stream exists?

You can technically set that property yourself when you open the stream
so you can be certain what it'll be. Either that or you can just use the
one that's automatically assigned when you test it and that will likely
be correct (even if you do hard-code it, I'd recommend just hard-coding
it to what it is so as to make for a smooth upgrade for people).

The only problem with this approach is that if the stream restore id is
deprecated in the future, it'll obviously stop working :s

If you keep a vague eye on this mailing, if it ever is deprecated it'll
be announced. and I'll try and maintain backwards compatibility if at
all possible anyway.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]