[pulseaudio-discuss] Tell me more about pa_simple_new device argument ?

Serge SMEESTERS sergesmeesters at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 14:54:55 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm using well th Simple API ...
→ http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/pulseaudio/doxygen/

But now, I plane to use two "connexion" for two different sound output
devices (with multi-threading).

I'm so looking for device selecting...

How to discover the available devices ?

I see the "dev" argument as "const char *" but only NULL value is
"documented" for default one...

My English is not very good (my natural language id French)...
So, I give some code...

        m_p_pa_simple = pa_simple_new(
				NULL,
				"DJ main",
				PA_STREAM_PLAYBACK,
				NULL, // here should be the device selector :)
				"Music",
				&sample_spec,
				NULL,
				NULL,
				&error
			);

My project is about DJ real-time-line.
Don't worry, I'm using multi buffer and multitread my-self (instead of
Asynchronous API).

The fact is that I should have two output (my own thread objects) :
one for main output and another for headphone...
For example, I can add a USB sound card for headphone... or use 5.1
jacks for distinguish both... I don't no what should be more simple...

Thanks for help.

PS:
I plane to share source code (C++) in when it'll be "good" enough...

À+,
Serge S.