[pulseaudio-discuss] Prologic II upmixing with the Asus Xonar DX

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 20 02:06:00 PST 2010

Is this possible to use while running Pulseaudio?

I've noticed that alsamixer has a toggle 'Stereo Upmixing' with
options like 'Front+Surround'. I'm not sure how this will work, I have
the 4.1 profile selected in pulse with remixing/LFE enabled so this
probably conflicts. I'm guessing pulse would have to pass stereo
output to the Alsa driver for this to work which I'm also guessing is
not possible if pulse has remixing enabled.