[pulseaudio-discuss] why is this giving an error and failing to start?

Christ Schlacta lists at aarcane.org
Fri Dec 24 17:04:03 PST 2010

...A few days later, Things happened, people showed up..  we turned on
some more varied christmas music, and immediately there was clipping at
the high end.  I explained the circumstances, and someone had gotten us
a new pair of speakers for christmas, we got to hook them up early, and
this, combined with disabling my method of mono downmixing fixed ALL the
problems.  no more clipping, all the chipmunks, and the sound is quite a
bit clearer now than it was with our old speakers before they went.  All
in all it's a christmas miracle!!

But I'd like to report that this method of downmixing to mono, sadly,
can result in audio clipping and artifacting.  I've got some idea why,
and I understand about as well as is beneficial, but at the end of the
day, I've got no clue how to fix it.  If anyone needs to use this method
in the future, just know about this issue!