[pulseaudio-discuss] system-wide daemon

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Feb 10 16:50:17 PST 2010

On Wed, 10.02.10 11:16, Bill Cox (waywardgeek at gmail.com) wrote:

> As for concerns about running system-wide... Ubuntu already disallows
> user loaded modules, and I'm not hearing a lot of complaints.  When

it's not Ubuntu that disallows that. It's upstream PA.

So, this breaks bt and hotplugging and a lot of other stuff. You
really believe that people won't miss that?

I mean, maybe that fact that you hear no complaints might be due to the
fact that nobody runs system-wide mode. Every thought about that?

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net