[pulseaudio-discuss] hda intel + Line-In + ext. mic

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Feb 11 05:53:32 PST 2010

to, 2010-02-11 kello 00:23 +0200, Николай Коротинский kirjoitti:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a laptop Amilo Si 3655 and Ubuntu 9.10 64
>
> I have 2 mic: internal and external.
> Internal mic work successfully.
> But external Mic and Line-In work as outputs.
>
> Line-In output surround channel.
> Mic output Center and LFE channels.
>
> But sometime I need external Mic and Line-In.
> How I can change channels on Line-In and Mic?

First of all, you will need to use some other profile than surround. So
start by switching to stereo output (or stereo duplex) profile in
pavucontrol's Configuration tab.

If after that Mic or Line-In doesn't work automatically, you will also
need to change the source port to Mic or Line-In. Pavucontrol should
have a port selection somewhere, probably on the Input Devices tab. I
can't check, because pavucontrol crashes my pulseaudio (yes, I should
fix or at least properly report that bug...).

If you don't have any relevant source ports available for selecting,
give the output of "pacmd list-sources" and "amixer -cX" (the X in
amixer -cX is the sound card name, which can be found inside the square
brackets in /proc/asound/cards).

--
Tanu Kaskinen