[pulseaudio-discuss] My default sound devices are not retained after suspend or reboot

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 00:41:54 PST 2010

2010/2/11 Sebastien PIMENTA <pim at pulsradio.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Can you tell me where is the log file of the debug mode ?
> I've edited /etc/pulse/daemon.conf and uncommented log-level=debug but I
> can't find the log file :S
>
> Lennart : concerning the card indexes, I'm not sure how to use the control
> device name, like you said.
> One of my problem is that I use darkice for recording and broadcasting and
> its conf file is set up to record hw(1,0). If I don't edit
> /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf to fix the sound card order, darkice will
> record the wrong audio card after a reboot or suspend, because the card
> order changes.

I also have an icecast source, currently tied directly to the alsa
stream for the soundcard. I wanted to put PulseAudio between it, for
easier mixing and recording. Unfortunately darkice has no input module
for pulse, only for alsa and others.
After considering the possibility of writing a pulse module for
darkice, I went for a solution using GStreamer. With a command like
this you can replace darkice:

gst-launch pulsesrc ! audioconvert ! vorbisenc ! oggmux ! shout2send
mount=mountpoint.ogg

Hope this is of use to you.