[pulseaudio-discuss] set volume all sinks

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Feb 15 09:36:56 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Michał Sawicz at 15/02/10 17:04 did gyre and gimble:
> Dnia 2010-02-15, pon o godzinie 16:38 +0000, Colin Guthrie pisze:
>> But that wont be needed if the bug is fixed. The GDM volume will
>> ultimately always be fixed at <initial volume> set by alsa on first
>> boot, and all new user volumes will be based from this.
>>
>> What you describe is not really something we would want to entertain.
>> If
>> the GDM developers want to force the volume then they should code
>> specific support for it.
>>
>> What I described will achieve a standard result once this remaining
>> feature is implemented, so it shouldn't be a practical problem
>> overall.
>
> I think what poort failed to mention is that this 'another' user that
> logs in is the same one in terms of accounts, another user in terms of
> people. @poort, is that the case?

Oh right so you mean like a guest account?

If so that should be fine to as the guest account home directory is (or
should be) nuked at each logout thus removing the saved per-user "mute"
status and reinitialising from whatever GDM was set to which is what is
wanted.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]