[pulseaudio-discuss] On-the-fly changing of sinks or sources in combine- and loopback-modules? Sound-distortions at the beginning of module-loopback?

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:14:20 PST 2010

>> >Sounds as if there is something wrong with the device speed. which
>> >causes PA to compensate by resampling things.
>>
>> So would it be possible to fix this? Do you need more info/some logs?
>
> Uh. this is tricky to fix. Not sure I can tell you anything that could
> fix this quickly for you. Somebody has to sit down with the hardware
> and really figure out what is going on, this is not really feasible
> remotely.

It could be that the initial variations of sample rate are too high,
and that causes audio issues with the resampling. This module
estimates the input and output sample rates, and I have seen in some
logs that the estimates can be somewhat off initially, e.g. 53kHz
instead of 48kHz. Can you provide a log of sample rate estimates? This
would help validate my theory.
Thanks
- Pierre