[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio+Bluez acting as Bluetooth stereo headset - no sound yet

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jan 2 05:24:14 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Tanu Kaskinen at 02/01/10 01:12 did gyre and gimble:
> pe, 2010-01-01 kello 16:02 +0100, Burkhard Stubert kirjoitti:
> I think the main motivation for the profiles came from the desire to
> switch between stereo and surround modes.

That and switching between analog and digital outputs.

> Yes, it can be ignored. The alsa mixer apparently can't be opened using
> the "front" device. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the driver, but we
> can use "hw" as well.

If "front:" doesn't work, I believe this is considered an ALSA bug.
Hopefully Lennart will clarify, but if this is the case you should raise
it with the alsa devs via their mailing list.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]