[pulseaudio-discuss] Accessing audio as root

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 10:57:26 PST 2010

I've removed gdm from my Lucid system, after Tony Sales
(founder/driver of Vinux) suggested it.  I'm already feeling rather
attached to my gdm-less system.  It now boots into a very nicely
talking console login prompt.  I just login, do whatever I like on the
console, and type 'startx' if I want Firefox or other graphical
applications.

I'll make this commitment to the devs of PA:  If you support me (I
shouldn't require much) in getting Vinux/Ubuntu Lucid working with PA
in system-wide daemon mode, I will work hard to make sure the next
release is done the "right" way.  Of course, the details of the
"right" way still need to be worked out, given that we need to process
speech coming from the /dev/softsynth kernel module.