[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio is terrible! How to bypass?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jan 5 03:47:47 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Halim Sahin at 05/01/10 11:40 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi,
> This means your apps are broken :-( not pulseaudio.
>
> place the attached default.pa in ~/.pulse/default.pa
> This works for me to bypass pulse and run alsa apps.

While routing PA via dmix may work, it arguably shouldn't (root should
not be able to access the same dmix as a normal user).

Even still you loose things like USB hotplug etc. So this is a fairly
limited kuldge and generally shouldn't be encouraged (e.g. those who use
it should know the consequences).

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]