[pulseaudio-discuss] Save volume per physical output.

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 11:22:40 PST 2010

Hey there.  I was inspired by a recently named thread, but this is a
separate question.

I often run my headphones at a different volume than my external
speakers (so my laptop doesn't blow my ears out).  I know that
Gnome-V-C lets you set the volume for the current default output
(headphone jack vs. external speakers), but it doesn't remember a
volume for each output option.

It would be nice if my laptop would remember that my headphones stay
at 30% volume.  For anyone who uses different default outputs (I
switch between external speakers, headphones, and a
dock-usb-soundcard), it would be very useful.  I don't think this is
currently supported in Pulse on Fedora 12.