[pulseaudio-discuss] Do clients remember there media.role?

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 18:08:37 PST 2010

2010/1/8 Michał Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net>:
> Dnia 2010-01-08, pią o godzinie 14:44 +1300, Jason Taylor pisze:
>> I also know apps should set this per stream.. but most do not, yet!
>
> The whole idea of roles is that the app needs to set this, no point in
> remembering it.

But that's my point... most apps 90% don't set it

And then theres the whole what should ff or chrome be... video or
music or some thing else

If pa would remember it it could be easily setable or detected via
desktop files and saved....

--
"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calven