[pulseaudio-discuss] Input File to pacat-simple.c

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jan 8 01:55:47 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Tristin Celestin at 07/01/10 23:55 did gyre and gimble:
> I am trying to run pacat-simple.c, but I don't know what kind of input file to provide. I tried a .wav file, expecting it to fail. It did; I only heard a short burst of static.
>
> What kind of audio file do I need to provide to it?

This expects RAW PCM data with the appropriate sample spec to which you
are connecting. e.g. if you just use the sinks native one, your data
will have to match that. You can force the rate,sample format and
channel count tho'.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]