[pulseaudio-discuss] No sound output after upgrade

David Björkevik david at bjorkevik.se
Sun Jan 10 08:57:45 PST 2010

Hello List

I've been fighting for a while now with a problem after upgrading to
Fedora 12: there's no sound output!

First: The hardware is working fine. If I kill pulseaudio and use
mplayer to output directly to the alsa device, it works.

Pulseaudio properly detects the sound card. It is listed and selected
under the Hardware tab in "Sound Precerences" in GNOME.

I have set and unmuted output and stream volumes. Also checked alsa
levels using alsamixer -c0.

Attached is the output of "pacmd info", perhaps this is useful.

I might also mention that this is the "M Audio Audiophile 24/96" card
that has been problematic before with Pulseaudio.

Regards,
David