[pulseaudio-discuss] How to debug choppy audio in Totem & Mythtv

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Wed Jan 27 05:43:43 PST 2010

On 27/01/10 21:38, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> I did intend to have a look at it myself by I'm not entirely sure how
> the whole timing mode works in the internal player in MythTV. I'd have
> hoped that the audio timing would drive the video (allowing for higher
> lag bluetooth devices as you point out) without any sync issues.

I'm completely clueless on how audio timing works, but all I know is
that when I have used the MythTV native PA output with my Bluetooth
headset, lip sync has been perfect. My headset suffers from about 1/4
second delay normally (which you can notice when you use the analogue
audio <--> bluetooth converter dongle that came with it), but lip sync
is fine, both in things like VLC, and in MythTV.

(Although timeshifting causes the audio to become nothing but static,
but that's probably a different issue.)

Completely unscientific, but that's my experience!