[pulseaudio-discuss] Virtual device in Pulseaudio

4ernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 03:15:28 PDT 2010

> > My question is: is it possible to create a virtual device in
> > Pulseaudio which has one input and one output and transfers stream
> > from its input to the output? I tried different solutions including
> > module-loopback (no success) and module-pipe-sink/source (gstreamer
> > wasn't able to stream through it due to very low speed as I guess) but
> > I have no success at all.
>
> Use module-virtual-sink, add your code for post-processing where
> indicated by the comments. It was written precisely for this type of
> use cases.

Thank you, that's really the solution but I wanted to use equalizer
plugin of GStreamer (or at least equalizer sink of PA) not to write
yet another equalization code so it seems that adding post-processing
code to the module isn't very good this way. Monitoring sink works ok
for that but with issues...